6 Best Travel Credit Cards In The Philippines: 2018 Edition4 min. read
Planning your dream vacation down to the last detail can be time-consuming. Luckily for frequent flyers based in the Philippines, we have access to the best travel credit cards to help us every step of the way.
Booking tickets, making hotel reservations, and shopping in foreign cities are more convenient with the right credit card. Acquired rewards points you get from using your card can also help take you to your next dream destination!
1. Citi PremierMiles Visa Card
This Citi Credit Card is a top tier, internationally recognized credit card acknowledged in over 150 countries and 29 million establishments.
Aside from the 24/7 Visa Signature Concierge Service, you can book travel plans without hassles by using accumulated miles as good as cash.
- Earn 1 PremierMile for every P30 spent, without expiration
- Transfer miles for just 1 PremierMile = 1 airline mile/loyalty point from airlines and hotel partners
- Buy your ticket using your card and get a travel accident insurance and travel inconvenience protection
- VIP lounge access for local and international with a FREE DragonPass membership
- Redeem 1,500 miles for every P500 purchase using your card
- Option to pay for out of the country purchases in pesos
- Free 30-day purchase protection due to accidental loss
2. HSBC Premier Mastercard
Get ready for access to world-class experience and perks—from lounge entrances to special offers in over 180,000 hotels and resorts with this HSBC credit card.
Aside from waived Annual Fee for life, you get 4x Bonus Points on foreign currency purchases online and abroad when you use your HSBC Premier Mastercard.
- Earn 1 air mile for P25 spent and 4 Bonus Points accelerated rewards for every P20 spent on online and overseas purchases
- Redeem free flights. 1 Asia Mile is equivalent to 5 Bonus Points, 1 KrisFlyer mile for 5 Bonus Points, and 1 Mabuhay Mile for 6 Bonus Points
- Access to more than 850 international airport lounges as a LoungeKey member for only USD27
- 10% discount at more than 180,000 hotels worldwide when booking at Agoda
- 10% discount and a complimentary champagne at the Ministry of Villas
- Emergency cash advance arrangement available on more than 245,000 outlets in 200 countries
- Free travel accident insurance up to P10 million
- Complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi access by iPass
3. PNB-PAL Mabuhay Miles World MasterCard
Booking the best flights is easy with the very low point-to-Mabuhay Mile conversion of your PNB-PAL Mabuhay Miles World Mastercard.
- Free 2,000 Mabuhay Miles welcome gift for new cardholders upon card activation
- Additional 10,000 Mabuhay Miles for a P100K-worth of transactions at PAL within 1 year for new cardholders
- Priority Check-in at PAL Business Class Counters in NAIA Terminal 2
- 5% off on select PAL international flights when booking at the Philippine Airlines official website.
4. UnionBank Miles+ Platinum Visa Card
With each swipe of this travel credit card, you take steps toward booking your next travel destination. You can convert reward points to miles AND, when you use your card for travel purchases earn extra points.
Platinum Concierge also provides assistance for your booking needs and even times of emergency.
- Earn 1 point for every P25 spend
- Earn 1.5X Points for every P25 travel spend
- Convert points to cash
- Convert points to PAL Mabuhay Miles or Cebu Pacific GetGo Points
- Complimentary pre-departure pampering at Skyview Lounge at NAIA Terminal 3, Club Manila Lounge at NAIA Terminal 1, MIASCOR Lounges at NAIA Terminal 1 and Davao International Airport
- Travel insurance up to P10 Million when an airline ticket is charged to Miles + Platinum Card
5. EastWest Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Card
Get the global elite treatment you deserve. EastWest Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit cardholder is entitled to high-class privileges in different parts of the world.
Every P10 spend is equivalent to an Infinite Rewards point which is convertible to PAL Mabuhay Miles and Asia Miles.
- Perpetual Waiver of Annual Membership Fee
- VIP Airport Lounge Access and Priority Pass membership access to more than 950 international airport lounges in over 120 countries
- Up to two complimentary access annually to the MIASCOR lounges
- Travel Accident & Inconvenience Insurance of up to P20 million
- Exclusive perks at international golf clubs
- Airport Meet & Greet
- Special upgrades and VIP privileges at over 900 luxury hotels worldwide
6. BPI SkyMiles Mastercard
BPI in partnership Delta Air Lines brings all the essentials in one card for frequent flyers.
Once the card is approved, the annual fee for the first year is waived. Accumulated miles from converted points from purchases can take you to more than 900 cities, 160 countries in six continents through Delta Air Lines.
- Every P45 spent is equivalent to One SkyMiles non-expiring and transferrable mile
- Travel insurance coverage of up to P10 million
- Contactless technology