Great Credit Card Promos To Catch Before The End Of January 20209 min read
As we step into the New Year of the Metal Rat, it’s a great time to reflect and be grateful for the blessings we received—and are about to receive.
That said, you know you can count on us to let you know about the best promos and discounts offered by banks. This month of January 2020, we list down some of the best ones you should avail before the month ends.
Get your coffee fix at a discount courtesy of Highlands Coffee and AUB credit cards.
You can get 15% off your bill for a minimum purchase of P300 at the Highlands Coffee branches at Double Dragon Plaza, SM City Sucat, and the Arthaland Century Pacific Tower in BGC. Just use your AUB Credit Card to pay. This promo is valid until March 5, 2020.
Thinking of finally going to Palawan this 2020? Well if you’re planning to go in the first quarter of this year, AUB can help you find lodgings at a discount.
They have a tie-up with the Princesa Garden Island Resort in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. If you use your AUB credit card to book your stay, you get a 30% discount on rooms and a buffet breakfast good for two.
While there, you can also get 20% off at their Hilot Spa, 10% discount at their F&B outlets, and a 5% discount on local tours.
This promo is valid until May 14, 2020.
Rustan’s is having an end-of-season sale that began on December 27, 2019, and is continuing on till January 26, 2020. If you are a Citibank cardholder, you can get up to a 50% discount on certain selected items.
You can also pay for your purchases on installment with 0% Citi PayLite. Pay installments of up to 5 months when you make a minimum, single-receipt transaction worth P10,000.
Citi offers its cardholders a plethora of yummy dining treats and deals every month. Here are a few you are going to want to catch before the month of January is over. All you have to do is use your Citi credit card to pay for your meal.
The following are Citi dining discounts that you can avail of until January 31, 2020.
- 20% off of ala carte meals at the F1 Hotel on 32nd Street at the Bonifacio Global City
- 10% off at J.Co branches. You need to spend a minimum of P300 to avail of this discount
- 25% off on a 600g Porterhouse steak (Dry and Aged) at Megawatt on Banawe St., Siena, Quezon City. Note that this is only valid on Monday to Thursday and for only one order a card.
- Every Saturday and Sunday, you can get 20% off your bill at Café Lyon at the Shangri-La Plaza Mall in Ortigas
- If you’re in the Bonifacio Global City area on a Saturday or Sunday, head to Vatos at the Net Park Building on 5th Avenue. You can get 20% off your bill and there is no minimum spend needed
- Head to Yuki at San Antonio, Makati and you can get 20% off your food bill
- Thinking of some Korean BBQ? If you go to Gen at SM By the Bay, you can get 10% off your bill
- Head to the Century Mall in Makati and get 30% off when you dine at Le Petite Souffle
- Eat at a Pizza Express branch and get 30% off for a minimum spend of P1,000
Citi has also partnered with the following restaurants to provide their cardholders with special set menus: Kam’s Roast (Megamall), Hawker Chan (Glorietta, Food District BHS, SM Mall or Asia; SM North; Manila Bay), and Tim Ho Wan (Glorietta, SM MOA, SM Seaside Cebu , SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, Robinsons Place Manila, Uptown Mall BGC).
Melo’s also offers Citi cardholders a special set menu till the end of the month.
- Choose one appetizer: Calamari (Deep-fried Breaded Squid Rings with Sweet and Spicy Sauce) or Chicken Liver Pate with Melba Toast (Melo’s Signature Pate)
- A Soup of the Day or Salad: Tasty Clear or Rich and Creamy Soup or Caesar Salad (Romaine, Crispy Crostini, Anchovies, Olive oil and Parmesan Cheese)
- A Main Course: American Striploin or Ribeye Steak 5 oz for P1,288, Australian Wagyu 6 oz for P2,288 or Japanese Kahoshima/Saga Wagyu 6 oz for P3,288
- A Side Dish: Grilled Maine Lobster Meat/Tail with Lemon Butter Sauce or Pan Fried Foie Gras topped with Mixed Berry Sauce
- Dessert of the Day
Citi cardholders can also avail of the following ala carte discounts: 20% off regular-priced certified Angus Beef or Australian Wagyu or 50% off regular-priced Saga and Kagoshima Japanese Wagyu.
This is also the last month you can avail of Citi’s buy 1, get 1 promo at Yellow Cab. On Sundays, until January 26, 2020, you can get two 10” pizzas for P499. Just use your Citi credit card and order one of the following variants: New York Classic, Hawaiian, or BBQ Chicken.
Bank of Commerce
Need new appliances? Act quickly as Bank of Commerce and the Automatic Center have a tie-up that’s going to end on January 15.
If you use your Bank of Commerce Credit Card to make a minimum, single-receipt installment transaction of at least P15,000, you will get another free appliance. You can choose to redeem either a Dowell Oven Toaster or a Dowell Rice Cooker.
If you use your Bank of Commerce Card at Toys “R” Us anytime from now to January 31, 2020, you could get a free Toys “R” Us Gift Certificate.
If you make a minimum single or accumulated spend of P25,000, you get a P1,000 gift certificate. If you spend P40,000 or above, you get a P2,000 gift certificate.
Don’t have a Bank of Commerce Credit Card yet? Well, if you apply for one now, you could get a welcome gift of luggage from Delsey.
New cardholders who have their cards issued from October 1, 2019, to January 31, 2020, could redeem either a Delsey Sejour or Delsey Brisbane luggage. All they need to do is meet the minimum single or accumulated spend requirement by February 29, 2020.
If you’ve just gotten a Classic or a Gold card, if you make a minimum spend of P40,000 you can get a medium-sized piece of luggage. If you have a new Platinum or World card, however, you need to spend at least P70,000 to get either a medium or large-sized Delsey luggage.
This is the last full month Maybank credit cardholders have to join a raffle that could see them winning a trip for two people to Taiwan, Korea, or Japan.
From November 1, 2019, until February 15, 2020, every P2,000 spent using a Maybank credit card earned cardholders an electronic raffle entry. All they had to do is use their card and register on the Maybank website.
The electronic raffle draw will be held on February 28, 2020, with three winners of a two-person travel package to Japan, Taiwan, or South Korea.
Until January 31, 2020, Security Bank cardholders can get a free box of six original glazed doughnuts from Krispy Kreme. All they need to do is make a minimum single-receipt spend of P3,000 with their card.
Also until January 31, 2020, Mercure Hotels are offering Security Bank cardholders a 35% discount on their Superior and Deluxe Rooms. All they need to do is use their card to book their stay.
This is the last month of UnionBank’s GetGo Free Flights Promo. The promo, which began on October 15, 2019 and will end on January 31, 2020, is open to GetGo Gold and Platinum Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and Prepaid and GetGo Prepaid cardholders.
For every P3,000 spent using these cards locally, the Unionbank cardholder will get a raffle entry, while foreign currency spends will earn you two raffle entries. There are two draw dates remaining: January 7, 2020 and February 7, 2020.
The prizes at stake are Grab Car Vouchers, Lazada Vouchers, Herschel Backpacks, a Flight for Two via Cebu Pacific to Japan, and a flight for two via Cebu Pacific To Australia.
Looking to get fit this 2020? You can start by checking out the following CrossFit gyms.
PNB credit cardholders can get a 30% discount on fees if they use it at CrossFit Ortigas, CrossFit Ortigas, and CrossFit Insurrecto.
This promo started on January 1, 2020, and will run until December 31, 2020. PNB Debit and Prepaid Cardholders can also avail of the discount.
If you’re looking to experience more delightful food trips in 2020, you’re going to want to check out this deal between Zomato and PNB credit cards.
If you use your PNB credit card, or even a debit or prepaid card, to pay for your annual membership plan with Zomato Gold, you can get 50% off the membership fee. All you need to do is use the code ZMTGLDPNB and your PNB card when you apply.
Better act quick as the Zomato Gold discount offer is only till January 31, 2020.
Thinking of going to Tokyo to see the 2020 Olympic Games? If you’re a Metrobank Visa and YAZZ Prepaid Visa holder, you should definitely check out their Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Promo.
If you shop or dine at a participating SM Supermall and use your Metrobank card to settle the bill, you have a chance to win a trip for two to Tokyo for the Olympics. The trip includes flights, hotel accommodations, as well as transportation to and access to two Olympic events: Skateboarding and basketball.
For every P3,000 spent at an SM Supermall, you get a raffle entry. The last day to earn and submit a raffle entry will be February 15, 2020. The raffle draw will take place on February 27, 2020.
Before January ends, Metrobank credit cardholders will definitely want to take advantage of the following dining discounts and promos.
The following are available for Metrobank Peso Platinum Mastercard and Metrobank World Mastercard holders:
- Get 50% off on the buffet at Heat in Edsa Shangri-La. This promo is available from Mondays to Fridays until January 31, 2020. There is a minimum spend requirement of P5,000.
- Use your Metrobank card at House Of Wagyu Stone Grill and get a 50% discount. This is only available from Monday to Friday until January 15, 2020 and there is a minimum spend requirement of P5,000.
Until January 31, 2020, Metrobank credit card holders can get the following discounts. Note that these are available for all card variants except for the Metrobank ON Internet Mastercard or Metrobank Dollar Mastercard.
- 20% off of select items at Chef Tony. Take note that there is a minimum spend requirement of P1,000.
- Get 10% off your total food bill at Hokkaido Ramen Santouka. All you need to do is have a minimum spend of P1,000 and use your Metrobanks Card to pay.
- Get a free carrot cake at Olivia & Co. by having a minimum spend of P1,000 and using your Metrobank card.
- You can have a small brewed coffee or an americano when you use your Metrobank Card at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Use card and have a minimum spend of P500 to claim your free coffee.
- Use your Metrobank Card at The Perfect Pint and get 15% off your food bill. There is a minimum spend of P1,000.