Pag-IBIG Fund was established as a national savings program to provide financial assistance for both private and government employees. Their Multi-Purpose Salary Loan is a short-term loan program for qualified borrowers with the following needs:
- Home renovations or improvements
- Capital for small businesses
- Educational or medical expenses
- Bills or credit card payments
- Car repair
- Debt consolidation
If you’re applying for a Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Salary Loan, you should have at least 24 months’ worth of total contribution to qualify. A total of P200 per month goes to your PAG-IBIG contribution, with the P100 coming from your monthly salary and the other P100 paid by your employer.
The total amount of your contribution in months will then be multiplied to the following loan value percentages:
|Number of monthly contributions||Total Accumulated Value (TAV)|
|24 to 59 months||Up to 60%|
|60 to 119 months||Up to 70%|
|At least 120 months||Up to 80%|
For example, an individual who has accumulated a total monthly contribution of 30 months will get a total of P3,600 Pag-IBIG Loan amount.
The loan interest rate is 10.75 percent per year, considered as one of the lowest rates in the country. It is paid in equal amounts for the duration of your loan term.
To apply, download and completely fill in the Multi-Purpose Loan Application Form (MPLAF) from Pag-IBIG Fund’s website.
Submit the following Pag-IBIG Loan requirements:
- Photocopy of at least two (2) valid IDs
- Proof of income—photocopy of latest pay slips equivalent to a month’s salary
For Employed Applicants:
• Accomplished “Certificate of Monthly Net Income” at the back of the application form of MPLAF by the employer. As an alternative, you may submit a photocopy of one-month payslip/s authenticated by your company’s authorized representative.
• SSS or GSIS Number
• Signature of employer’s Head of Office or Authorized Signatory on the MPLAF
• Pag-IBIG Employer ID Number
• Agency Code and Branch Code of your chosen Pag-IBIG branch
For Self-Employed or Individual-Payor Applicants:
• Photocopy of either Business Mayor’s Permit, Commission Vouchers, or Other valid proof of income
File your application form and documents to the nearest Pag-IBIG Office. You will then be issued a Pag-IBIG Citi Prepaid Card where your loan proceeds will be credited.
The Pag-IBIG loan processing time usually takes one to two weeks.
If you are employed upon disbursement of the loan, the monthly amortization will simply be deducted from your salary.
For self-employed or individual-payors, you may choose from the following payment methods:
- Auto-debit arrangement with accredited banks
- Over-the-counter payment
- Remittance to Pag-IBIG office
The loan must be paid up to a maximum period of 24 months.
You may renew your Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Salary Loan application granted that you have paid for at least six months of amortization. Your remaining balance will be deducted from your new loan.
This also applies for renewal of Calamity Loans. The Multi-Purpose Salary Loan and Calamity Loan will be treated as separate if you were able to pay the latter.