These hugot lines on Twitter might make you feel better about your financial woes.
American stand-up comedian Jackie Mason once said:
“Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money.”
Quite unfortunately, however, not all of us are rich in both money and love. Instead, a lot of us often take to social media to air our grievances in the form of money-related #hugot lines. Most of them are so relatable they can make you burst into tearful laughter.
Empathy brings positive energy and makes people more creative in solving problems, so they say, and so we bring you some of the best tweets we’ve found about money, being broke, and being heartbroken that should make you feel better.
1. When you feel the need to be someplace else to clear your head—but your pocket’s already empty to begin with.
2. And the only thing you can do is sleep your way through it.
3. Will tweet for money.
4. Has anybody tried if this mantra works?
5. “Dasal lang. Dasal lang talaga.” -Alma Moreno
6. Sometimes the world just isn’t fair.
7. In real life, “keep the change” just won’t cut it.
8. Friendships can get uptight sometimes. In Filipino: “gipit.”
9. Because passive income is hard to come by.
10. The truth can sometimes make tears fall involuntarily.
11. When you’re single and unable to pay your student loan.
12. Now that’s a receipt worthy to be framed and hanged.
13. When you feel like you can no longer take all the beating.
14. Money does make the best of us question our purpose.
15. Adolescent problems be like:
16. That super accurate movie reference.
17. When gym memberships are not making any sense.
18. If only spammy emails were convertible to cash too.
19. When you find true enlightenment in Vinaya, Sutras, and Abhidharma.
20. And this is why we all have a hard time saving.
–Diana Lyn Balbalosa
About the author
eCompareMo eCompareMo is the No. 1 financial e-commerce site in the Philippines. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @ecomparemo.