A Complete Guide To TESDA Courses And Programs5 min. read
We’ve all heard of at least one person in our life who said that they will take a course in TESDA before applying for a specific job because they don’t have enough experience for that field, right?
Sadly, the truth it that the employment status of Filipinos in their own country is decreasing because the demand for skilled workers is becoming more and more prevalent.
Not everyone is able to get a job, often due to lack of education (not a degree holder) or not being able to meet the standard of a specific company (must have at least three to five years of experience in the workplace). Training, extra schooling or even seminars are not cheap.
So how will the unemployed gain experience that will pass the companies standards? This is where TESDA comes in.
What is TESDA?
TESDA is an abbreviation of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority. It is a government agency that manages and supervises technical education and skills development (TESD) in the Philippines.
TESDA basically helps Filipinos learn or even upgrade their technical and vocational skills in different areas like Culinary Arts, Information Technology, Healthcare, Construction or even community development services like Massage Therapy.
Are TESDA courses free?
The courses they offer online are absolutely FREE. You will only receive a certificate of completion once you have finished the course. If you aspire to earn a National Certificate, you should take the face-to-face assessment test given at the TESDA assessment center near your place.
For the courses offline, there are fees to be paid. The price would depend on the course that you chose to take, but rest assured that it will not cost you a ton of pesos like when you enrol in a university.
For price reference, TESDA released a list of assessment fees that can be found here.
What are the requirements for a TESDA course?
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Completed the National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE)
If you are applying for an assessment and certification, visit their website for further instructions.
What are the short courses offered by training TESDA centers?
Here are just a few of the short courses that TESDA offers:
- Call Center Training
- Building and Construction related courses
- Consumer Electronics Training Schools
- Welding Technology Training Schools
- Bartender Training Schools
- Automotive Training Schools
- Caregiver Training Schools
- Butcher / Slaughtering Training Schools
- Foreign Language Course
To find out more about all the short courses available at your TESDA center, click this link.
Where are the TESDA offices?
There are six offices in the National Capital Region and several more in the provinces.
Here is a listing of the offices in Metro Manila:
1. TESDA Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas, Valenzuela (CaMaNaVa) District Office
Address: 5/F Victory Mall, Bonifacio Monument, Caloocan City Tel. Nos. : 217-6132 / 921-4250 Fax Nos. : 217-6132 / 921-4250 Email: NCR.firstname.lastname@example.org
2. TESDA Quezon City District Office Quezon City
Address: Bituan St., Cor. Bayani Rd., Brgy. Doña Imelda G. Araneta Ave., Quezon City Tel. Nos.: 711-0244 Fax Nos.: 711-0302 Email:NCR.email@example.com
3. TESDA Manila District Office
Address: 1314 Mahatma Gandhi St., Belen St., Paco Manila Tel. Nos.: 925-8935 Fax No.: 925-8935 Email: NCR.firstname.lastname@example.org
4. TESDA Pasig, Mandaluyong, Marikina, San Juan (PaMaMariSan) District Office
Address: 2nd Floor, NTTA Building, MPC Compound, Chayungco St, Sta Elena, Marikina City Tel. Nos.: 570-1315 / 570-9893 Fax No.: 570-1315 / 570-9893 Email: NCR.email@example.com
5. TESDA Muntinlupa, Parañaque, Las Piñas, Taguig, Pateros (MuntiParLas-TaPat) District Office
Address: TESDA-NCR Bldg. TESDA Complex Gate 2 East Service Rd. South Superhighway Tel. Nos.: 886-5306 Email: NCR.firstname.lastname@example.org
6. TESDA Pasay, Makati District Office
Address: Gate 2, TESDA Complex, East Service Road, South Superhighway, Taguig City Tel. No: 810-5814 Fax No.: 810-5814 Email: NCR.email@example.com
How do you enroll in their ONLINE courses?
1. Go to this website: https://www.e-tesda.gov.ph/
At the upper right portion of the page, you will see that it is asking for a username and password. If you are not yet registered, click the link below it.
2. Create your account
The next page will ask you to enter your details. Continue filling up the form and then press “create my new account”.
Now that you have your own account, go back to the main page then login your account.
4. Choose what course you want to take
5. Click “Enroll me in this course”
Online Courses as of May 2019
- Fruit Grower
- Automotive Battery Servicing
- Diesel Engine Tune Up
Electrical and Electronics
- Solar Night Light Assembly
- Cellphone Servicing
- Star Online Training Program
- Star Online Training Program 2
- Managing Your Personal Finances
- Start and Improve Your Business (SIYB)
Human Health / Health Care
- NC II: Massage Therapy (Beta)
- Course 1: Fundamental of Massage Practice
- Course 2: Fundamental of Massage Therapy
- Course 3: Swedish Massage
- Course 4: Shiatsu Massage
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
- Packaged Air Conditioner Unit Servicing
Information and Communication Technology
- Basic Computer Operation
- SMART Android Mobile Apps Development for Beginners
- SMART Technopreneurship 101
- Web Development using HTML5 and CSS3
Microsoft Online Courses
- Developing 2D games with HTML5
- Game Production Basics
- Developing 2D and 3D games with Unity
- C# Fundamentals for Beginners
- Software Development Fundamentals
Udacity – Google Courses
- Android Development for Beginners
- UX Design for Mobile Develpmers
- Android 4.0 Programming in Java
Lifelong Learning Skills
- Job Interview Skills Training Course
- How to Build Confidence in Your Abilities
- Skills to Succeed Academy
- Ship’s Catering NC III (update)
Social, Community Development and Other Services
- Beauty Care Services (Nail Care) NC II
Bread and Pastry Production NC II
- Preparing Cakes (1 – 4)
Cookery NC II
- Prepare and Cook Hot Meals
- Preparing Stocks, Sauces and Soups (1 of 7)
- Preparing Poultry and Game Dishes (2 of 7)
- Preparing Seafood Dishes
- Preparing Egg Dishes
- Preparing Starch Dishes
- Preparing Vegetable Dishes
- Preparing Meat Dishes
Preparing Cold Meals
- Preparing Salads and Dressing
- Preparing Sandwiches
- Preparing Appetizers
- Preparing Desserts
Food and Beverage Services NC II
- Introduction to Food and Beverage Service (Beta) 1 of 3 Updated
- Providing Table Service (Beta) 2 of 3 Updated
- Providing Room Services (Beta) 3 of 3 Updated
Housekeeping NC II
- Providing Housekeeping Services (Beta)
- Providing Guest Room Services (Beta)
- Providing Valet Services (Beta)
- Providing Laundry Services to Guests (Beta)
- Providing Public Area Services (Beta)
- Deal with Intoxicated Guest (Beta)
Front Office Services NC II
- Orienting Oneself to Environmentally Sustainable Work Standards
- Exercising Sustainable Development in the Workplace
Workplace Communication (Beta)
- Receiving and Responding to Workplace Communication
- Participating in Workplace Communication
- Trainers Methodology I
- Trainers Methodology II
For technical support, contact them through here:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. No.: (+632) 893-8297
You may also contact or visit the TESDA Office near you.