Teacher’s Month 2019 Promos: Celebrating Our First Mentors9 min. read
As students, our teachers are our second parents. They are considered to be one of the most influential role models in our lives and it’s not an exaggeration to say that a great teacher can change a student’s life.
In celebration of the eleventh year of the National Teachers’ Month, it is but right to give back and recognize their tireless dedication and unwavering commitment to service.
We have compiled thrilling treats for our teachers to enjoy and relish. From restaurant promos to many other freebies and discounts, a big thank you to you, our mentors. Happy Teachers Month!
1. Sambo Kojin
Sambo Kojin is inviting all our beloved teachers for a treat in celebration of the National Teachers’ Month.
Active and retired teachers can dine in and enjoy a free lunch or dinner buffet from September 5, 2019, to October 5, 2019, at any Sambo Kojin branch.
Just present your Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID to any of their dining personnel and come with 1 full-paying guest to avail of the promo.
2. St. Peter Chapels
Death-care experts St. Peter Chapels is offering a 50% discount to all active and retired teachers who are in need of memorial services.
From September 5, 2019, to October 5, 2019, all At-Need and Upgraded Memorial Services can be availed at 50% off while all other extra or additional services will be charged at regular rates.
Their 50% off discount promo includes:
a. Services received by St. Peter Chapels on September 5, 2019, even if the death occurred on September 3 or 4, 2019. b. All deaths which occurred from September 5, 2019 (subject to abovementioned [a]) up to October 5, 2019, even if St. Peter Chapels received the body of the deceased up to October 6, 2019. c. Selected casket as per package(See attached list of various casket service packages) d. Retrieval of the remains from place of death e. Embalming f. Four days viewing at St. Peter Chapels or nine days for Home Viewing (The family may choose between viewing at St. Peter Chapels or Home Viewing. If the viewing rooms in the participating St. Peter Chapels are already fully occupied, home viewing shall be applicable). g. Funeral transport to the place of interment (burial)
Partial services do not qualify as there must be a complete memorial service which is contracted. If the services are not completed and the completion of service is transferred to and continued in a non-St. Peter Chapel, the promo is not applicable.
Pre-need services, excess viewing days, excess kilometer charges, medico-legal services, and other memorial services beyond the at-need and upgraded services are bound to extra charges.
The following discounts shall be available only for teachers after submission of a valid Teacher’s school I.D., P.R.C I.D., or proof that the deceased was employed as a teacher.
Pre-selling or reservation is not allowed. There shall be full payment of the memorial service balance before or in order for the family of the deceased can avail of or qualify for the National Teacher’s Month 50% Off Discount Promo.
This promo can be availed in selected St. Peter Chapels nationwide (please see list of participating St. Peter Chapels Nationwide at their website) and shall not be in conjunction with other discounts and promos of St. Peter Chapels. In case this discount promo coincides with any current discount promo of St. Peter Chapels, the customer can avail of the higher discount promo.
3. Enchanted Kingdom
Enchanted Kingdom is offering an EKciting deal for all teachers this National Teachers’ Month. Teachers can experience the magic of Enchanted Kingdom for only P700 per ticket inclusive of a Regular Day Pass (admission and unlimited rides), a free EK souvenir, and coupons to Skill Games.
Promo is open to all teachers upon presentation of a valid employment ID. Maximum of four tickets may be availed per ID per day.
Discounted tickets are not valid for rebooking and can be availed at the Front Gate ticket booths, Group Sales Office (left side facing the main entrance of the Park), selected offsite events, and Makati Sales Office.
This deal is not valid in conjunction with any other promo, Senior Citizen, or PWD discount or the Junior rate.
Drop by at any Dads World Buffet branch during lunch and dinner from September 5, 2019, to October 5, 2019, and avail of their Teachers Eat for Free at Dads promo.
All active and retired teachers can avail of this promo upon presentation of their PRC ID to any of their dining personnel.
Sharing is caring! Be sure to bring one full paying guest with you to enjoy the treat with. Happy buffet-ing!
(Read: 10 Best Budget Museums In Manila)
5. The Mind Museum
Science comes alive at The Mind Museum Teacher Treat, Thank You Teacher Promo from September 5, 2019, to October 6, 2019.
Here are the promo mechanics:
- Promo is open to all school academic teachers of schools offering preschool, K-12, and university levels with valid school employment ID as a teacher.
- Teachers can avail of the free entrance promo if they come with at least one paying companion.
- Paying companion can enjoy a special rate of P190/each for a three-hour visit to The Mind Museum galleries.
- To avail, you shall register their information at www.themindmuseum.org/thank-you-teacher. Be sure to double-check all information, especially names, email address and date of visit prior to submitting your registration form. Rescheduling is not allowed.
- Upon successful registration at the website, a Teacher’s Pass will be emailed to the registered email address. Teacher must print the Teacher’s Pass and present it at the Museum’s ticket booth.
- On the day of the visit, you must present the following: (a) printed Teacher’s Pass and (b) valid schoolteacher employment I.D. for verification and to purchase the special rate ticket/s for the paying companion/s. NOTE: Those who present only a PRC ID cannot avail of the promo unless such can present a valid employment certificate verifying that he/she is teaching at a school.
- If you do not have a valid school ID, you can present a Certificate of Employment as a teacher from any DepEd or CHED registered school along with a valid government-issued ID.
- Teachers who register but fail to present 1 valid schoolteacher employment ID or 2 Certificate of Employment as a teacher from a DepEd or CHED registered schools plus valid government-issued ID will be asked to purchase published rate tickets.
- The Mind Museum can accommodate only up to three 3 paying companions (non-teaching school staff, friends, family) per teacher under the P190 promo rate. In excess of three, published adult/student rate will apply. If a teacher has zero paying companions, a teacher can avail of the teacher rate. View rates at The Mind Museum’s official website.
- This promo is not valid for school tours and field trips. For groups with more than 20 pax, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a group tour quotation and availability of slots.
- Guests using a coaster, bus, or jeep to visit The Mind Museum must email email@example.com for assistance with transportation guidelines.
- Teacher passes are non-transferable, not valid for rebooking, sale, and is not convertible to cash.
- Promo is not valid in conjunction with any other discount or promo or group tour package.
- For Senior Citizens, in the purchase of goods and services which are on promotional discount, the senior citizen can avail of the promotional discount or the discount provided under the expanded Senior Citizen Act of 2010 whichever is higher.
6. Manila Doctor’s Hospital
Another teacher treat is coming your way from Manila Doctor’s Hospital. Active and retired teachers can get a free vision check-up from 8 AM – 2 PM, Mondays – Fridays from September 9 to 30 Ophthalmology Department (OPD).
Wait there’s more! First 25 teachers both active and retired, and diagnosed with Cataract are eligible to receive a free cataract surgery with intraocular lens. Those eligible will have to be cleared for surgery. Basic laboratories are shouldered by the patient but with a 30%-70% discount.
For inquiries, you may call 558-0888 local 3000 and look for Ms. Yel.
7. Upside Down Museum
Upside Down Museum would like to say #ThankYouTeacher this National Teachers’ Month. And as gratitude, they have an exclusive promo for the most influential and dedicated teachers out there.
Open to all currently employed teachers, you can avail free entrance when you come with at least 2 full paying companions. Pre-registration is required. Walk-ins will not be accommodated upon visit.
Check out Upside Down Museum’s official Facebook page for more info.
8. EO Executive Optical
Attention Teachers! Here’s EO-Executive Optical’s appreciation promo. Visit any EO branch and get 20% off when you purchase a complete eyeglass package worth P2,000.
Promo is valid from September 5 – 30, 2019. Visit EO’s official Facebook page for more info.
9. Museo Orlina
In celebration of the National Teachers’ Month 2019, Museo Orlina offers free guided tours for a minimum of five people on weekends from September 7, 2019, to October 5, 2019.
They can also avail of the 10% discount on selected souvenir items on the promo dates.
For reservation and inquiries, you may send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call Alyssa or Regine at 0995-735-4462 or (046) 413-2581.
10. Art In Island
It’s 50% off to all our beloved teachers at Art in Island Museum this #HappyTeachersMonth!
Teachers can avail a 50% discount on 1 Adult ticket and 1 Hiwaga ticket per teacher when purchased together. Just present a valid school ID or PRC ID to avail of the discount. Promo runs until September 29, 2019.
For more info, you may visit Art in Island’s official Facebook page here.
11. Metropolitan Museum of Manila
As we celebrate National Teachers’ Month this year, the Metropolitan Museum of Manila offers a special treat to all of our beloved educators.
There will be a special guided tour for all teachers at 10:30 AM every Saturday. To avail, kindly contact Metropolitan Museum of Manila’s office at 708-7829 or send them an email thru email@example.com.
Teachers’ companions will also get special discount of P80 when they visit the MET on a Saturday. Spread the word and let your teachers know how much you appreciate them!
Visit MET’s official Facebook page for more info.
12. Manila International Book Fair
Ready for more Teacher Treats? How about free entrance and tokens for teachers at the 40th Manila International Book Fair?
All teachers visiting the MIBF this September 11-15 at the SMX Mall of Asia can avail of the free entrance when they present a valid school ID.
Tokens (while supplies last) will be given away to teachers visiting the book bazaar upon entry at the exhibit hall. See you there!
13. Museo Pambata
Our teachers are our superheroes! Join Museo Pambata as they celebrate National Teachers’ Month from September 5, 2019, to October 5, 2019, and avail of these promos:
- Free admission for teachers plus 2 companions.
- Free souvenirs.
- 5% discount on Museo Pambata merchandise at the Pasalubong Shop.
- Free workshops on September 21 and 28, 2019
Just present a valid school ID or PRC ID to avail of these offers. Visit Museo Pambata’s official Facebook page for more info.