How To Earn Money From TikTok: Get Paid For Being Funny6 min read
You toy around with mobile apps to have fun and maybe show the world that you’ve got talent. But did you know that you can also use mobile video-sharing apps as a revenue stream? In this post, we show you how to create your TikTok account and eventually earn from being a famous TikTok-er.
TikTok has swept the world ever since it was launched worldwide in 2017. This popular app dominates the mobile internet world through the fun- and effects-filled videos posted by its 500 million active users.
Different people from all walks of life use this digital platform to express themselves creatively through dancing, mimicking movie scenes, applying special effects, and the like.
Are you raring to be certified “TikToker” and spread fun and an energetic vibe online? Here are some smart tips.
What is TikTok?
Introduced by ByteDance last September 2016, the social video-sharing app is a downloadable digital platform that allows its users to record and share videos online.
It is also equipped with fun video editing tools and trending music that enhance the content.
According to ecommerce site Oberlo, as of February 2020, TikTok has been downloaded 1.5 billion times on the App Store and Google Play Store, making it the seventh most in-demand app in the past decade.
How to use TikTok
The first step is, of course, downloading the app from the Google Playstore or App Store. Once installed, here are the steps to creating your new TikTok account.
- Log in or sign up using your mobile number, email, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account then set your profile name.
- You will be directed to the video viewing page where you can watch posts by other users. For videos that you like, you may tap the heart icon found on the right-hand side. You may also leave comments through the conversation bubble.
- If you want to share your favorite video to other social media sites, click the “share” icon.
- To follow other users, simply click their profile or type in their username.
- Navigating the menu bar is easy. The “house” icon is used to refresh the page so you can see the latest uploads from users. If you’re looking for certain content or user, click the “Search” icon.
- Tapping the “+” icon lets you create or upload videos from your phone’s gallery. To access your notifications, tap the message icon.
- If you would like to edit your profile, see your videos and rename your account, click the last icon.
- To set your account’s privacy setting, tap the three dots found on the upper right corner of the app.
How to make TikTok Videos
Now that you’re familiar with how to navigate the app, it’s time to create your first video! Follow these steps:
- Tap the “+” button. For first time users, allow TikTok to access your camera and recorder by clicking “okay.”
- After setting up the effects, filters, speed, and timer of your video, press the red button to record.
- Pick your background music to spice up your video. Make sure it matches the vibe of your content.
- After filming, tap the red check. It will redirect you to the editing page.
- You can change the music and readjust the video’s volume on the upper right corner of the app.
- To add a cover video and other special effects to spruce things up, tap the two buttons found on the lower-left corner.
Note that this platform’s maximum video length is 60 seconds—but you may post longer content using your phone’s native video camera.
How to edit your videos on TikTok
Take note that once you upload your videos, you will not be able to change them on the app. We suggest downloading video editing tools to update your entries.
To proceed, go to your TikTok profile then select the video you want to edit. Click the triple-dotted icon to save the video. It will be stored on your mobile device.
To upgrade your video, you will need a personal computer, the video you want to edit, new materials that you want to include in your content like pictures, video clips, new music and the likes plus FlexClip.
After signing up with FlexClip using your computer, go to your account then click the “+” button to add the video you want to edit.
If you want to include logos and phrases, click the “text” icon.
Changing or uploading music is possible by simply tapping the “music” icon. If you wish to do a voiceover, click the “record” button.
Once you’re satisfied with the outcome, download the video and share it on TikTok.
How to earn from Tiktok
Post video contents that are appealing, funny, relatable and full of positive vibes. For example, students may feature their daily routine but adding wit makes it fun to watch. Housewives can include hacks in doing chores. Employees can add useful tips on how to work efficiently—and so on.
Remember to be interesting as increasing your number of followers is your main goal.
2. Get trendy.
Stay up-to-date with current trends. Include trendy background songs in your videos to make it appealing and lively. To know what’s trending, use other social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
3. Go multi-platform.
To increase your audiences and video views, link your Instagram and YouTube account. You may also onnect your Instagram to your TikTok account by tapping “add Instagram” found under the “edit profile” section.
To link your YouTube site, click “edit profile” then tap “add YouTube.”
Linking your Tiktok account to your Instagram and YouTube page helps in reaching a large audience that may increase views and engagement count.It may also boost your organic search traffic.
4. Use crafty #hashtags.
Browse the internet and search for trending hashtags. Adding hashtags to your post may help increase the visibility of your content—but make sure it is related.
5. Find your niche.
As your followers increase, you will receive a lot of “hearts” and comments on your posts. Brands will notice you and may offer influencer promotions and partnerships.
Brands base their deals on your audience. For example, if you’re popular with housewives, you may be offered to endorse products that target this specific market segment.
Gain 1,000 followers and you can start live-streaming, which lets you earn coins from your subscribers. The coins can be traded for real cash. Its value depends on a country’s currency.
Once you’re already an established “Tiktoker,” brands may invite you to their events or other gatherings where you will represent their products. They will pay you to attend and perform your popular posts live.
6. Start selling merch.
Lastly, after building a strong number of subscribers, you may consider creating an online ecommerce store through Carousell, Facebook Marketplace, eBay, and the like to offer a variety of merchandise to your audience. Sell merch and start earning cash from your own personal TikTok-borne brand.
Understand and study the needs of your followers and offer products that they will like. Hoodies, caps, and shirts can be sold if you cater to teens, while office mugs or tumblers can be offered to your young professional viewers. Just make sure they are of good quality and represents your personality that they adore.
Your TikTok earnings depend on your ability to stay relevant in the changing trends. Be consistent with the fun vibe you present and always be yourself.