GSIS COVID-19 Emergency Loan Online Application And Requirements3 min. read
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, cash subsidy programs were launched to aid the displaced workers from the formal and informal sectors. On April 18, Government Service and Insurance (GSIS) President and General Manager Rolando Macasaet announced the launching of online applications for the loan program that government employees and pensioners nationwide can avail of.
Here’s the lowdown on the GSIS COVID-19 Emergency Loan online application and requirements.
What is GSIS Emergency Loan?
The GSIS Emergency Loan is a privilege given to all government employees as one of the mitigating measures for those affected by calamities. Since the island of Luzon and other major cities around the country are confined in community quarantines or lockdowns due to the 2019 coronavirus, the emergency loan from GSIS aims to help its members and pensioners.
- Amount of loan: P20,000
- Loan term: 3 years
- Loan interest: 6% annually
- Loan proceeds: will be credited to the eCard or UMID card of the borrowers.
The emergency loan program, by the way, is covered by an insurance policy, which will answer the payment upon the demise of the borrower.
According to the GSIS president, the COVID-19 emergency loan is a first-time offering that serves its members nationwide. The previous calamity that made it to such a large scale was the onslaught of Typhoon Yolanda in 2013.
Who can apply for a COVID-19 emergency loan?
All GSIS members who are active and have good standing can apply for the government loan, with the following conditions:
- You are NOT on Leave Without Pay.
- You have NO arrears regarding the payment of contributions to the mandated life insurance.
- You have NO unpaid loans or debts for six months and beyond.
Furthermore, GSIS wants to make sure that borrowers and pensioners would have enough funds after getting the loan, so:
- Borrowers should have a minimum of P5,000 take-home pay when the monthly premiums and loan payments are deducted from their salary.
- Pensioners of disability or old age may apply for the COVID-19 loan if the availing of the loan leaves them a minimum of 25% of their basic pension every month for their usual expenses.
What are the documentary requirements for the GSIS COVID-19 loan application online?
Here are the documents needed for GSIS loan filing online:
- GSIS Emergency Loan application form (which can be downloaded from the GSIS official website)
- Photo of the borrower while holding the duly accomplished loan application form.
- GSIS electronic card or Unified Multi-Purpose Identification Card of the borrower (must be a scanned copy or picture)
- Optional: two valid IDs (if the eCard or UMID card is not available)
How to apply for a GSIS Emergency Loan online
The online application of the GSIS loan comes in these easy steps:
- Download the form and fill it out with the necessary details.
- Create an email and attach the documentary requirements.
- Send the application form and other requirements to the email address that corresponds to the borrower’s area.
- For members with UMID cards, you can also apply via GSIS Wireless Automated Processing System kiosks. Pensioners can only apply online.
Email addresses to send your online application for GSIS loan
Borrowers must submit their application to the email address designated with the borrower’s area.
- NCR and Cavite: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Luzon: email@example.com
- South Luzon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visayas: email@example.com
- Mindanao: firstname.lastname@example.org
Locations of GWAPS kiosks for an alternative application
Active members with UMID cards can visit these various locations:
- All GSIS branches and/or extension offices
- Provincial capitols
- City and/or municipal halls
- Department of Education and other large government offices
- Robinsons Malls
- SM City branches (Cebu, Mall of Asia in Pasay City, Manila, North EDSA, Pampanga, SM Aura in Taguig, and SM Southmall in Las Piñas)
For further questions
All borrowers who wish to know more about the GSIS loan program may reach out to the following channels.
- Official website: www.gsis.gov.ph
- Official Facebook account: @gsis.ph · Email: email@example.com
- GSIS contact center (Metro Manila): 8847-4747
- GSIS contact center (Globe and TM): 1-800-8-847-4747
- GSIS contact center (Smart, Talk ‘N Text, and Sun): 1-800-10-847-4747