Bank Advisories For The COVID-19 Enhanced Community Quarantine Period7 min. read
As enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) measures continue to be in place in mainland Luzon and other parts of the Philippines amid the 2019 coronavirus threat, eCompareMo will keep you updated on bank advisories and announcements on branch operating hours, credit card and loan payment extensions, and available transactions.
The Bankers Association of the Philippines (BAP) says they willingly support the measures against the spread of the coronavirus, adding that they’re in close coordination with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) in ensuring the safety of their employees while continuing operations.
They also urge the public to use the banks’ digital and online platforms, which will be available 24/7 for their inquiries and payment requirements.
Please note that all the COVID-19-related bank schedules and advisories stated in this post are as of April 30, 2020, and will be updated from time to time.
- Starting March 17 until further notice, only selected China Bank branches in Luzon and all branches in Visayas and Mindanao for deposit and withdrawal transactions.
- Daily operating schedule varies per branch.
- Starting April 1, 2020, all China Bank ATM cardholders can enjoy a higher withdrawal limit of P50,000 per day until the lifting of the ECQ.
- Fund transfer fees through Chinabank for Instapay and Pesonet, as well as late payment penalties for consumer loands and credit cards, are waived.
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- Select BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank branches across Luzom remain open with shortened banking hours.
- Business as usual in all their Visayas and Mindanao branches.
- InstaPay fees will be waived until May 15, 2020.
- All qualified customers with payment due dates falling within March 17 to May 15, 2020 can enjoy an extended payment holiday of 30 days for BPI credit cards, as well as home, auto, and BanKo NegosyoKo loan.
Philippine National Bank (PNB)
- Selected PNB Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao branches in “strategic locations” are open.
- PNB customers are encouraged to use PNB Internet Banking, PNB Mobile Banking App, and PNB C@shnet.
- Select EastWest stores in Metro Manila and Luzon are open.
- EastWest branches in Visayas and Mindanao will remain open, except for Cebu-Srp II Corso and Cebu-Fuente Osmena.
- Banking hours are from 9AM to 3PM nationwide.
- Provincial branches will be business as usual serving you from 9AM to 5PM.
- Payment due dates for EastWest loans (auto, personal, mortgage, and EEL) and credit cards will be extended for 30 days for eligible customers. Emails and text advisories will be sent to qualified customers under their payment extension program.
Banco De Oro Unibank (BDO)
- Only select BDO branches in Metro Manila and nearby cities will be open until 2PM.
- All branches are closed on weekends..
- All BDO Visayas and Mindanao branches will continue with regular banking hours.
- Starting March 17, clearing at the SCCP trading at the Philippine Stock Exchange is suspended until further notice.
- All qualified BDO customers with due date of up to May 15, 2020 can enjoy an extended payment holiday of 60 days.
- InstaPay fees through BDO will be waived until May 15, 2020.
Asia United Bank (AUB)
- Branches open from 10AM to 3PM until further notice:
- Ayala Alabang
- Edsa Balintawak
- Gil Puyat
- Joy Nostalg Ortigas
- Kalookan 7th Avenue
- New Manila
- Parc Royale
- Plaza Lorenzo Ruiz
- Quezon Avenue
- Provincial AUB branches in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao may have specific banking hours in accordance with the guidelines issued by their respective bankers associations.
- Check clearing cutoff time is at 1PM.
- AUB bills payment, online load services, and CLIQQ self-service kiosk will be disabled on all 7-Eleven stores nationwide until further notice.
- Only select Security Bank branches are open in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao from 9AM to 1PM only. Some branches may close earlier than 1PM subject to local ordinances. Visit their Facebook page to view the full list.
- All Security Bank credit card and loan customers with no past due balance for due dates between March 16, 2020 and May 15, 2020 get a 30-day payment extension.
- All ATM fees, including non-Security Bank ATMs, will be waived nationwide until further notice.
- No subscriptions and redemptions will be accepted on all UITFs including Feeder Funds until further notice.
UnionBank of the Philippines
- Only select branches and ATMs in Luzon will be in open. Visit www.unionbank.ph for the list.
- Branches will only be open from 9AM to 3PM, Monday to Friday.
- UnionBank Bank on Wheels—a 5G-enabled mobile bank for balance inquiries, withdrawals, bills payment, fund transfers, and account opening—will be roving in select areas in Metro Manila. Visit their Facebook page for the schedule.
- Customers are encouraged to download the UnionBank app on their mobile phones.
- All InstaPay fund transfers done via the UnionBank app are free of charge until May 15, 2020.
- All qualified UnionBank customers nationwide with due date from March 17, 2020 to May 15, 2020 can enjoy an extended payment holiday of 30 days.
- Check clearing cut-off times:
- Batch 1 – 10:30AM
- Batch 2 – 11:30AM
- Final batch – 12:30 PM
- All Citibank branches will be open from 9AM to 3PM, with skeleton staffing deployed in their Greenhills and Makati branches.
- Citi Cebu branch is operating on a business as usual capacity.
- Citi credit cardholders in good standing, whose payment due dates fall between March 16 and May 15, 2020, are entitled to an extension on their payment due date. No late fees will be charged.
- Citi is still accepting new applications for credit cards and personal loan.
- Select branches will be open. Visit their website for the list.
- Bills transaction payments at RCBC branches are temporarily limited to RCBC, RCBC Bankard, and YGC clients only.
- Customers are encouraged to download the RCBC Mobile App to deposit checks, pay their bills, and manage their accounts.
- Send cash fees are waived until May 15, 2020.
- All RCBC Bankard cardholders in good standing with due dates from March 16, 2020 to May 15, 2020 can enjoy an extended payment holiday of 30 days.
- SME Loan clients in good credit standing may delay their loan principal payments by 60 days.
- Nationwide clearing cutoff time has been adjusted to 12:30PM until further notice.
- Placements and redemptions in all RCBC UITFs are temporarily suspended until further notice.
- More than 200 branches in Luzon and all branches in Visayas and Mindanao are open (list of branches will be updated from time to time on their Facebook page).
- All qualified Metrobank customers nationwide can enjoy a 30-day payment extension on their loan and credit card payments until May 15, 2020.
- Instapay and Pesonet fees are waived when done through the Metrobank Mobile App.
- As of April 1, 2020, Maybank branches will be open from 9AM to 1PM (list of branches are updated from time to time on their Facebook page)
- All qualified Maybank customers can enjoy a 30-day payment extension on their credit card and loan payments until May 15, 2020.
- Select branches in Metro Manila, Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao will be open from 9AM to 2PM. Visit their Facebook page for daily updates.
- Customers may reach PBCOM Customer Care from 8AM to 10PM through their website, Facebook messenger, email email@example.com, or their hotline 0287772266 (until 4PM only).
Bank of Makati
- Banking hours will be from 9AM to 3PM until further notice.
- Saturday banking hours will be from 9AM to 12PM.
- Checks clearing cut-off time: 12PM
- Selected branches in Metro Manila will be open from 9AM to 3PM. Visit their Facebook page for daily updates.
- Provincial branches are business as usual from 9AM to 3PM.
- UCPB LoanEasy payments are extended for 30 days after their due date until May 15, 2020. This applies to customers with UCPB DrivEasy Autoloan, HomEasy Home Loan, SalarEasy Personal Loan, and BizEasy Business Loan.
Bank of Commerce
- All qualified customers with due dates between March 16, 2020 and May 15, 2020 can enjoy an extended payment holiday of 30 days.
- Consumer loans paid over-the-counter in any Bank of Commerce branch will have their interbranch fees waived.
- Amortization payment moratorium for Salary Stretch Personal Loan, Mortgage Loan, SME Loan, and Back-to-Back Loan clients has been extended to April 30, 2020. This covers due dates from March 16 to May 15, 2020.
- Those who wish to proceed with their amortization payments or who have questions may contact CTBC Bank through 8988-9287 and 8888 from 9AM to 3PM, Monday to Friday; email firstname.lastname@example.org; call 8840-1234, from 6AM to 9PM, Monday to Sunday; toll-free PLDT hotline 1-800-10-8401234; or email email@example.com.
- Loan payments for all types of PSBank loans with due dates falling within the ECQ period (from March 15, 2020 to May 15, 2020) will further get a 30-day grace period. Customers will not pay double on succeeding due dates after the covered period.
Other sources: PNA