We’re all thankful for Independence Day; well, aside from being a celebration of our break from our former colonizers, the 117th celebration of our independence falls on Friday, giving us all the long weekend we deserve. After all who doesn’t like long weekends? If you still have nothing special to do this long weekend, we have prepared something for you: a recipe for a mouth-watering cheeseburger. Now fire up the stove and ready the ingredients because once you’ve done this, you’ll be definitely coming back for more.
Ultimate Cheeseburger recipe
- 500 grams ground beef
- ¼ cup spring onions (optional basil or parsley)
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 16 pcs bacon strips
- 16 pcs cubed cheese (cheddar or quick melt cheese)
- Sliced cheese (optional)
- 2 pcs onions
- 8 pcs tomatoes
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 8 pcs burger buns
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients: 500 grams ground beef, ¼ cup spring onions, ¼ cup bread crumbs, 1 large egg, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Mix it all together. Let it still for 15-20 minutes to allow the ground beef to absorb all the flavors. Divide the patty mix into 8 equal portions and form them all to ball-like shape.
- Combine the ¼ cup yogurt and ½ cup cream cheese and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Insert the 2 cubes cheese in the patty and flatten it into a flat pan or griller. Cook it for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Cooked the bacon strip with the desired crispiness
- Put the cooked patty in the buns, then smother the patty with the cream cheese and yogurt combination. Top it with bacon strips, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and cheese.
Once you’ve cooked the burger, you can pair it with side dishes like French fries, Green Salad, and wash it down with some ice-cold soda or freshly squeezed lemonade.
This long weekend, who needs to eat outside when you can make your own delicious meals right at your kitchen? Just remember that with the knack for creativity, patience to learn something new, and the taste for adventure, you can make your own amazing cheeseburger in no time!