Carmaggedon, that state of extreme car backup has started to become an unfortunately common occurrence on our roads.
The latest report of Carmaggedon in the Philippines came from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) this week when they warned the public of going on the roads on December 22.
According to the agency, EDSA is expected to ferry 402,000 vehicles during the holidays, which is 13 percent more cars that use the thoroughfare than in the previous days. Aside from the hordes of buses transporting people bound to go outside the metro, MMDA spokesperson Celine Pialogo told CNN Philippines that “motorists are planning to leave Metro Manila for a long vacation, and some would just sacrifice Friday.”
Carmaggedon happens and, whether your a battle-scarred veteran or a newbie driver, we just have to learn how to get through it. In this post, we’ve crafted a survival guide for everyone on how to stay sane on the roads during Carmaggedon.
1. Pack some food since you’re in for a long ride
We’re not kidding when we said you’re in for a long ride.
2. Don’t forget to save some tunes to your phone
Or you can listen to people asking DJs for advice regarding infidelity. Take a pick.
3. Your jacket will be your best friend
Unless your love life is already colder than the holiday season then you’re set.
4. Maybe it’s time to catch up on your reading too
Surprise, your favorite character dies!
5. If reading is too taxing, try audiobooks
Or podcasts. Whatever to you can listen to unless you want to stick to the radio.
6. Pack a Bluetooth mic and some tunes for instant karaoke
Of course, no traffic list is incomplete without a reference to Carpool Karaoke.
7. Sometimes, it’s better to headbang in the car
Whether there’s music or not, banging your head looks cool. And kinda therapeutic.
9. It’s time to step up your makeup game in traffic
DO YOU FEEL PRETTY NOW?!
9. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is just pray
10. Or wave to fellow motorists or commuters
Spread the love, bruh.