Last weekend, many residents of Metro Manila and adjacent areas were affected by the “suprises” interruption of water services.
Manila Water has apologized for this but has also said that customers should expect reduced pressure or rotational water-no water service in some places this summer. This is due to Manila Water’s efforts to ensure that no area will experience round-the-clock interruption despite fears of decreasing water levels at the reservoirs that provide Metro Manila with water.
Currently, the La Mesa Dam’s reservoir level has reached a critical 69 meters above sea level, the lowest it has been in 12 years.
The company’s corporate communications head Jeric Sevilla told ABS-CBN News that
If our consumption is left unchecked,
Tip No. 1: Wash your car less often
How much water does your car need to
This amount can be doubled or tripled if a car owner who has no professional training does this at home.
Scale it up to Metro Manila’s 2.7-
Detailing services for your vehicle
If you want to make sure that people
Tip No. 2: Use waterless car-cleaning products
It’s good to wash your vehicle less
To the uninitiated, this method uses
Not only can you avoid using a lot of water by cleaning your car this way
If you’re ready to make the switch to waterless, here are the things you need:
- Waterless car wash formula
- At least two microfiber towels
To use the waterless car cleaning formula, just spritz on the area you want to clean, wipe from one direction to another, and work your way through your entire vehicle.
A 500 ml bottle can last up to 15 uses. Just imagine the amount of money and water you can save!
Currently, these are some of the waterless solutions on the market:
- Washboi Quick Detailer Waterless Car Wash
- Meguiar’s Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax
- Spray n’ Go Waterless Car Wash and Wax Quick Detailer
- Ultima Waterless Car Wash Plus Concentrate
- Chemical Guys EcoSmart-RU Waterless Wash & Wax
If you need help, you can search
Tip No. 3: Don’t forget to wax!
After conducting a waterless car cleaning to your car, it’s time to whip out the wax tub and polish your car yourself.
Beyond giving your car a mirror sheen and UV protection, one often overlooked
Indirectly, waxing helps you save
If you don’t know how to do it, we’ve prepared a shorthand guide on how to wax your car:
- Make sure your car is thoroughly clean before the process
- Find a cooler place such as a covered garage, preferably out of direct sunlight
- Apply the wax gently using circular motions
- If you have an orbital buffer, use it to better apply the coating
- Let the formula sit for a while, depending on the package instructions
- Wipe off excess wax using microfiber towel
Tip No. 4: Install a cistern displacement device in your toilet tank
A single flick of a flush consumes
How does it work? By adding an item
Here are the steps to take to make your DIY cistern displacement device:
- Find a big plastic bottle with high volume, ideally between one and two liters
- Once cleaned and thoroughly dried, fill it up with gravel and then fill the remaining space with sand
- Turn off your toilet’s water supply valve and flush it once to empty it
- Place the DIY displacement device in the tank, then turn it on again
- You can add more bottles if you think
the waterconsumption is still excessive
Tip No. 5: Make your house water efficient
Cutting back your water consumption is
If you want to make your household
- Install aerator on faucets
- Change shower heads to low-flow units
- Fix leaking pipes
- Recycle water used on food for other uses
- Use portable dishwashers
- Soak dishes in water first before washing