Freebies are everywhere—you just have to know where to find them. Since traveling can be expensive, you should leave no stone unturned to upgrade your travel experience.
We’ve compiled a few tips on how to supercharge your travel and get the best things in life–which, most of the time, are free.
Hotel room upgrades
- Visit a place during lean season. They’ll have fewer customers, which means more vacant rooms
- Voice out valid accommodation complaints. You’ll get comped with a nicer room to make amends
- Offer some social media praise. A few nice words can go a long way.
- Don’t miss out on membership deals. If you own a credit card, find out if your card has any membership perks with hotels and take advantage of it.
Free in-flight meals
- Select a carrier with freebies. Airlines post on their website if they have free in-flight meals.
- If your flight gets delayed, ask if the airline can compensate with a free meal. They will surely make your flight delay worth it.
Exclusive airport lounge access
- Get a credit card that offers free lounge access. It really pays to have a credit card that supports your lifestyle. Check out travel cards that will provide you with free lounge passes and other perks that will make your adventure extra special.
Leveling up your travel doesn’t mean you must pay for more. Remember, some things in life are free—provided you know where and how to look.
Want a card that can take you to more adventures? Apply for a Citi PremierMiles Card and earn one (1) never-expiring mile for every P30 spend. Redeem flights and hotel stays instantly through Citi ThankYou Rewards. Plus, enjoy two complimentary lounge passes with a FREE DragonPass membership.
PROMO ALERT: Apply until May 31, 2018 and get a P5,000 Nike Park eGift. Use your eGift to redeem any item of your choice worth P5,000 at any participating Nike Park branch. Simply use your new card for at least P20,000 within 60 days from receipt. Terms and conditions apply. Per DTI FTEB Permit No. 0082, Series of 2018.