Apply For A New HSBC Red Mastercard And Fly To Select Local Destinations For Free6 min read
Here’s a way to explore the best of what the Philippines has to offer–for less!
With HSBC, you get to fly to select local destinations for free. Simply apply for the new HSBC Red Mastercard and spend P5,000, and you get free flights to the following tourist spots via Philippine Airlines:
|From Manila and vice versa||Legaspi, Naga, Puerto Princesa, Tuguegarao, Bacolod, Cebu, Dumaguete, Iloilo, Kalibo, Roxas, Tacloban|
|From Cebu and vice versa||Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan, Davao, General Santos, Iloilo, Kalibo, Puerto Princesa, Surigao, Tacloban|
|From Clark and vice versa||Cebu, Puerto Princesa|
|From Iloilo and vice versa||General Santos|
Spend at least P5,000 and wait for the claim code to be sent to your mobile phone via SMS.
To redeem your free flight:
- Visit a PAL ticketing office near you.
- Present the claim code from your mobile phone, a valid ID, and the HSBC Red Mastercard you used.
- Please note that your free flight is subject to the availability of the assigned booking class at the time of redemption and blackout periods.
Take note of the following dates:
Application period: April 24 to September 22, 2017
Promo spend period: May 1 to November 22, 2017
Redemption period: June 26, 2017 to February 5, 2018
Travel period: July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
Terms and conditions
1. HSBC’s Red Mastercard PAL Flight Acquisition Promotion (the “Promo”) shall run from April 24 to September 22, 2017 (the “Promo Period”). Promo Spend Period shall be from May 1 to November 22, 2017
2. The Promo is open to individual applicants applying for a primary HSBC Red Mastercard Credit Card (“HSBC Credit Card”), within the Promo Period and are subsequently approved, have no cancelled HSBC credit card during the Promo Period, and are not upgraded or converted credit cards (the “Cardholder”)
3. Under this Promo, the Cardholder shall be entitled to a one-time redemption of 1 (“one”) roundtrip flight to selected destinations via Philippine Airlines or PAL (PAL Flight) upon meeting the minimum accumulated spend requirement of P5,000 made by the Cardholder using his/her newly approved and activated HSBC Credit Card (“Promo Spend”) during the Promo Spend Period.
Other flight conditions:
- Valid for Travel from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
- The PAL Flights detailed in the Promo is valid only on “T” booking class. Confirmed reservation is required.
- Blackout dates apply:
|Manila to Naga, Naga to Manila||September 8 – 19, 2017|
|Manila to Bacolod||October 19 – 21, 2017|
|Bacolod to Manila||October 22 – 24, 2017|
|From Manila, Cebu and Clark||October 27 – 31, 2017; December 15 – 30, 2017; March 22 – June 13, 2018|
|To Manila, Cebu and Clark||November 1 – 6, 2017; December 26, 2017 – January 10, 2018; March 22 – June 13, 2018|
|To Cebu||January 17 – 20, 2018; February 12 – 16, 2018|
|From Cebu||January 21 – 26, 2018; February 17 – 25, 2018|
|Manila to Iloilo||January 25 – 27, 2018; February 15 – 17, 2018|
|Iloilo to Manila||January 28 – 30, 2018; February 18 – 20, 2018|
|Manila to Puerto Princesa||February 12 – 16, 2018; June 15 – 23, 2018|
|Puerto Princesa to Manila||February 17 – 25, 2018; June 23 – 26, 2018|
- Refunds are not allowed.
- Rebooking, rerouting or upgrade is permitted, subject to PAL fees to be charged to the Cardholder.
- All other PAL conditions of domestic budget economy fares shall apply:- Free Baggage Allowance: 10kg
– Mileage Accrual: 50%
– Change Fee: P1,500
– No-Show Fee: P1,000
– Tickets are non-transferable
– Rebooking before departure date 4 hours before the flight: allowed with a change fee of P1,500 and subject to applicable fare difference
– Rebooking within 4 hours of after flight departure: allowed with a change fee of P1,500, fare difference and no-show fee of P1,000.
4. Transactions made by the Cardholder’s Supplementary Credit Cardholder/s will be qualified as part of the Primary Cardholder’s accumulated spend under this Promo.
5. Valid transactions (“Qualified Spend”) shall be straight purchases, installment purchases (Balance Transfer, Cash Installment Plan, Merchant Installment), cash advance transactions, bills payment and online purchases transacted and subsequently posted during the Promo Spend Period. Each installment transaction will be considered as one transaction amount. As such, succeeding monthly amortizations from the same installment transaction will not be counted as a separate transaction amount on the Cardholder’s account.
6. HSBC will extract from its system and identify Cardholders who have reached the Qualified Spend of P5,000 following below table on cut-off dates for extraction and the corresponding coverage of posted transactions:
|Cut-off dates||Coverage of posted accumulated transactions|
|June 7, 2017||May 1 – 31, 2017|
|July 7, 2017||May 1 – June 30, 2017|
|August 7, 2017||May 1 – July 31, 2017|
|September 7, 2017||May 1 – August 31, 2017|
|October 6, 2017||May 1 – September 30, 2017|
|November 6, 2017||May 1 – October 31, 2017|
|December 1, 2017||May 1 – November 22, 2017|
7. The qualified Cardholder may expect an SMS notification containing a Claim Code (“Code”) to be sent to his/her mobile number, as registered in HSBC’s records, within 3 banking days after each cut-off date.
8. Redemption Period of the PAL Flight is from June 26, 2017 to February 5, 2018. Unused Codes after the Redemption Period shall be deemed forfeited and will no longer be valid for redemption.
9. Cardholders may claim the PAL Flight during the Redemption Period by doing the following:
- Visit any of PAL’s Ticketing Offices:
– Makati Ticket Office: Ground Floor, Allied Bank Center, Ayala Avenue corner Legaspi Street, Makati City (Office Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Closed on holidays)
– Cubao Ticket Office: Ground Floor, Ali Mall Complex, Times Square Street, Araneta Center, Quezon City (Office Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturdays and Sundays, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Closed on holidays)
– PNB Ticket Office: Mezzannine, PNB Financial Center, President Diosdado Macapagal Avenue, CCP Complex, Pasay City (Office Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturdays, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 nn; Closed on Sundays and holidays)
– Filinvest Ticket Office: Westgate Center, Commerce Avenue corner Filinvest Avenue, Alabang, Muntinlupa City (Office Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturdays and Sundays, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Closed on holidays)
– Cebu Gorordo Ticket Office: QC Pavillon, Gorordo Avenue, Cebu City (Office Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturdays, 8;30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ; Local Holidays, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 nn; Closed on Sundays and national holidays)
– Davao Ticket Office: Ateneo de Davao University Building, C.M. Recto Street, Davao City 8000 (Office Hours: Mondays to Sundays, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Present the following:
– The SMS message showing the Code
– The HSBC Credit Card used to accumulate the Promo Spend
– A valid government-issued identification card (i.e. Driver’s License, Passport, SSS/TIN ID, voter’s ID)
- Book his/ her free flight subject to the availability of the assigned booking class at the time of redemption and blackout periods.
A PAL representative will assist the cardholder to tap his/her mobile phone containing the Code on the Code machine / reader
10. Claiming through authorized representatives is not allowed.
11. Cardholders without the Code will not be allowed to redeem. Cardholders may request for resending of previously issued and unclaimed Code by calling HSBC’s Hotline (02)85-800.
12. The PAL Flight is not convertible to cash or discount.
13. The PAL Flight may be assigned to another person prior to flight ticket issuance. Once ticketed, the PAL Flight is non-transferrable.
14. The Cardholder agrees not to cancel his/her HSBC Credit Card within 18 months from its approval date. If the Cardholder requests for card cancellation or if the redemption is found to be invalid, the amount of P3,500 shall be charged to the Cardholder’s HSBC Credit Card account (“Cancellation Fee”). The Cancellation Fee must be duly paid by the Cardholder before the HSBC Credit Card may be cancelled by HSBC.
15. The Cardholder will be disqualified from the Promo in the event that his/her HSBC Credit Card becomes delinquent, restrained, suspended, cancelled or terminated within the Promo Period.
16. The Promo cannot be availed of in conjunction with other ongoing HSBC Credit Card acquisition promos, nor discounts, promotions, discounted items and fixed price items of PAL, unless otherwise specified by HSBC or PAL. All HSBC Credit Card applications shall be subject to HSBC’s final credit card approval and Credit Card Terms and Conditions.
17. PAL Fare Ticket Rules and Regulations apply.
18. In case of dispute with respect to the Cardholder’s eligibility, coverage of dates, fulfillment, etc., HSBC’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardholder’s eligibility for the Promo shall be resolved by HSBC.
18. All questions or disputes regarding the booking of the PAL Flight or of the flight itself shall be resolved by PAL.
*Per DTI-FTEB Permit No. 4691, Series of 2017.
**Blackout dates apply.