So after a long debate whether I’m going to apply for my first ever credit card or not, I finally decided that I will apply for one and I heard from my colleagues and friends that bdo credit card is best for first time users. Well, that was according to them and based from what I read online (if you have other suggestions, I’m open for it as well).
Is there any required documents aside from basic requirements (salary slip, government id, company id, itr) that I need to submit to speed up my credit card application process to them?
If you’re planning to apply for a credit card in BDO, here are the BDO credit card requirements that you need to submit to the bank. If this is your first time to apply for a card, you must search the internet first and make a quick overview on what credit card is best for you and think about the best credit card that will suit you lifestyle.
For applicants with existing credit card/s you must submit the following:
1. Recent/Updated credit card SOA (statement of account)
2. A photocopy of your credit card (front)
3. A photocopy of at least 1 valid government issued ID
4. A photocopy of your latest BIR Form 2316 or ITR (Income Tax Return) and W4 with BIR stamp in case you’re a self-employed individual
For First time Applicants:
If you are employed, you must submit the following:
1. A photocopy of your Proof of income (BIR Form 2316, Original copy of COE stating status/length of service and compensation breakdown, Latest pay slip at least 2 months)
2. Proof of billing (utility/telephone bills)
3. 2 Valid Government issued ID’s
For self-employed individual:
1. A photocopy of your Business Registration and Mayor’s Permit
2. A photocopy of your ITR for the last 2 years
3. Audited financial statements for the last 2 years
4. At least 3 months Bank statements (optional)
5. Proof of billing statements (utility or telephone bills)
6. 2 Valid Government issued ID’s
For full lists of credit cards and to apply for one, check out this BDO Credit Card page.